Sleeper Bus Hanoi to Lao Bao Border Gate
Pre-Trip Documents ( VISA RUN TO LAO BAO BORDER GATE)
Before you embark on your visa run, you will need to get a few things.
The first is an “approval letter”, which grants you the right to apply for a visa. Please note, this is not the visa. This is merely a letter that will let you apply for a visa at the border.
An approval letter for most folks should be between $30 and $50. Typically land border crossings are a touch more expensive than airport gates. For approval letters - You work directly at the official government website https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/en_US/trang-chu-ttdt. You will need to decide the LENGTH of your visa (depends on nationality but typically 1 month/30 days, 3 months/90 days, 6 months or one year, depending on what criteria you meet) and the NUMBER OF ENTRIES (whether single, a one time visa, or a multiple, re-use visa).
Once you have your approval letter, download the Vietnamese and Laotian visa applications, print them and fill them out. In addition, get two (2) passport sized photos. There are countless photo shops around both Da Nang and Hoi An that can do this.
Before we go any further, let’s check, and make sure we have the following:
- Approval Letter
- Completed visa applications for Vietnam and Laos
- Two passport photos 4*6 (white background)
- Money for Lao visa (1.000.000 VND)
How To Go Lao Bao border gate from Hanoi
Day 1: The shuttle bus picks you up around 15:00 - 15:30 at Hanoi Old Quarter or at Hanoi Cathedral.
The shuttle bus moves to the bus station.
The staff will pick you up to the 2nd floor of the bus station and give you a ticket to enter the station (Sometimes the shuttle bus will take you straight to the stop)
The bus departs at 17.30 - 18.00
You sleep on the bus.
Other pick-up point:
- About 17h00 at Nuoc Ngam Bus Station
- About 19h00 in NINH BINH - On map "5XP3+XW2, Mai Sơn, Yên Mô, Ninh Bình, Việt Nam"
Day 2: You will be at Lao Bao border gate around 7-8 AM
It will take you 2-3 hours to do all immigration formalities in Laos and re-enter Vietnam
You will have enough time for lunch
14:30 you arrive at the meeting point at ANH COFFEE - Tran Hung Dao Str, Lao Bao
15h00 Bus departs for Hanoi. Sleep on the bus.
Day 3: You will be in Hanoi around 5AM - 6AM.
BUS TICKET PRICE:
- One-way bus ticket 600,000 VND = 26 USD
- Round trip bus ticket 1,200,000 VND = 52 USD
1. You can pay when we pick you up.
2. Transfer payment from Vietnamese bank account to Vietnamese bank account: 0011004015237 Vietcombank - Account holder: Ngo Quang Luong
3. Payment from international bank account to Vietnamese bank account
- Bank Name: JSC Bank for Foreign Trade of Vietnam.
- VIETCOMBANK - VCB
- Account number: 0011004015237
- Swift Code - BFTV VNVX 001 (BFTV VNVX)
- Account Name: Ngo Quang Luong
- Branch Address: 198 Tran Quang Khai Street, Hoan Kiem District, Ha Noi City.
4. Pay via paypal account:
Note: Any transfer fees you will pay.
- Hanoi to Lao Bao Border Gate
- Sleeping bus from Hanoi to Lao Bao Border Gate
- Visa Run to Lao Bao Border Gate
- How to get visa run from hanoi to Lao Bao
- Bus times & tickets Hanoi to Lao Bao, Quang Tri